June 1, 2016 4:54 pm | Updated 2 years ago.
Most technology startups have plans to launch their products and services in a number of countries in addition to their home country. Most US tech startups have reasonable confidence for entry into the UK and European market. However, for entry into China and India, the two large markets in Asia, they would surely prefer some local help, especially in getting customer connections and assistance during the sales process.
Kerala Startup Mission, a joint association of Technopark, Trivandrum and the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India and D2E Consulting, An Aggregator for Offshore Outsourcing Services is putting together the US-India market Access Corridor that will help US Tech Startups to gain access to the enterprise customers in India.
This initiative of US-India Market Access Corridor will also enable the US Tech Companies to develop solutions jointly with synergistic Indian Tech companies, where applicable, to make such joint solutions more suitable for the Indian enterprise customers in terms of complying with local needs and regulations. Several State and Central government bodies can also be target customers for such solutions that are developed jointly.
In addition to leveraging the access to Indian enterprise customers, the US Tech companies can also set up their R&D Centers and Sales and Marketing offices in Technopark premises to take advantage of their infrastructure and also the Innovation Zones.
SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED
The following services are envisaged to be provided. This list of services will be further modified based on inputs from the US Tech companies and the Advisory Board.
- Boot camp on Indian market scenario, Technopark environment, Potential competition and synergistic relationships etc.
- Market validation specific to the offerings from the US Tech companies.
- Assistance in setting up core team, as required by the US Tech company including space and infrastructure in Technopark premises.
- Market Access and Sales Acceleration: Customer Connects at CXO level to appropriate enterprise customers in India leveraging the deep customer relationships of the numerous companies housed in Technopark.
- Demo Center: A well-equipped Demo Center housed in Technopark premises for high-quality demonstrations of the products and solutions. Over a period of time, this Demo Center will be expanded to a Customer Experience Center.
- Investor Outreach Program: Providing US Tech companies with information on and access to suitable Indian Investors and also assist them with necessary preparations.
- Post-sales support
The US-India Market Access Corridor will have two Governing Bodies:
- Advisory Council: The Advisory Council will consist of past and present decision makers in the US and India technology industry. The primary responsibility of the Advisory Council will be to provide the necessary direction to the Executive Council and also to give advice on the necessary course correction, as required.
- Executive Council: The Executive Council will consist of past and present senior executives from the US and India technology industry. The Executive Council will be responsible for ensuring that the services envisaged as part of this initiative are provided to the satisfaction of the US Tech companies and also the Advisory Board.