February 15, 2017 1:31 pm | Updated 4 years ago.
With the focus on enhancing user experience and increasing business system availability, CIOs are mandated to focus on solutions that are responsive, combined with a proactive and predictive ability to address unplanned and unexpected business disruption. In addition to automating areas like standard implementation, procurement, password maintenance, request management and provisioning etc., it is essential to provide a seamless and enjoyable experience to the users when they are requesting a new service or are simply reporting a problem.
The ITSM solutions from the offshore outsourcing vendors are using the latest technology available or are integrating with the latest technology features including cognitive intelligence and machine learning to provide an improved user experience that not only improves the communication across management and teams but also provides valuable management information including targets and service criteria that can be measured.
In the last few years, most organizations have adopted cloud-based solutions including the deployment of ITSM tools in a cloud environment. While most ITSM tools from offshore outsourcing solution providers are cloud enabled, the SaaS delivery method alone does not provide the improved user experience.
We now analyze the features that the Offshore Outsourcing IT Solution Providers are building into their ITSM tools to provide improved user experience:
1. Integrated Service Platforms: The ITSM tools usually have different sets of applications for IT and the user groups, but with strong linkages between the two sets of applications for areas like service requests, service provisioning, proactively monitoring user environment and capturing end-user feedback. While each set of applications caters to the improved user experience of their respective user groups, it is the real-time linkage between the two sets of applications leveraging latest advances in technology like cognitive intelligence and machine learning that provides an integrated service platform.
2. Cross Platform Availability: As most of the business users today are constantly traveling and need to work seamlessly across different devices, most ITSM tools have all their features available across different devices including smartphones.
3. Personalization: Most ITSM tools, leveraging the underground technologies of cognitive intelligence and machine learning, are capable of not only analyzing user preferences but can predict user behavior and advise IT to take certain proactive steps. For example, the ITSM tools from offshore outsourcing solution providers can indicate to IT which pages may have maximum hit during the President’ address to the Nation so that IT can take necessary proactive action with help of the ITSM tools to avoid any degradation in response time.
4. Collectivisation: The ITSM tools can use the aggregated information and real-time interaction with the social media to predict collective behavior of certain groups of users and advise IT to take proactive steps to avoid any disruption or degradation of service.
5. Communication: Leveraging the underlying social media interfaces and its own cognitive intelligence and machine learning abilities, the ITSM tools act as an effective communication platform not only between user communities and IT but also between various user communities.
In summary, the ITSM tools from the offshore specialty vendors in D2E’ partner network, not only aim to automate a huge percentage of work that is being done manually, but also aims to improve the user experience by an order of magnitude.