August 10, 2016 6:55 pm | Updated 11 months ago.
Leveraging Offshore QA Services
In today’ digital age and startup culture, there is an unparalleled growth in new technology companies, especially in the Bay Area and the Silicon Valley. With so many companies focused on innovating in their markets, where do they find time to test their products and ensure that they meet quality standards expected by the customers? Usually, they don’t — a third-party testing provider finds the time for them. The Product and Application Testing Services market is possibly the fastest growing market today. In this article, we analyze what are the trends in today’ digital age and what innovations the offshore QA/Testing service providers need to do to remain competitive.
1. Customer Expectations: Let us first analyze what are the expectations of the customers from the offshore service providers in the current technology scenario:
- Testing capabilities across multiple platforms: The offshore service providers need to have capabilities in testing applications deployed in the cloud and mobile platforms in addition to the legacy applications.
- Full Product Life cycle Coverage: The offshore service providers need to support the testing of the products and applications from incubation thru production. The offshore service providers, therefore, need to demonstrate capabilities in testing the multiple prototypes, the product design, the product itself and then possibly offering testing as a service for new features and releases as the product/application is rolled out.
- Costs: With the current pace of growth of the testing services, the customers want to ensure that there is no undue price escalation. In addition to putting in place appropriate ROI models, the customers, especially the technology startups, are also experimenting with crowd-sourced testing.
2. Trends that the offshore outsourcing vendors need to adapt to: In the digital age the products and solutions will evolve not only around Social Media, Mobility, Analytics, and Cloud but also around virtual reality and Internet of Things. The Testing Practice and Processes of the offshore vendors need to, therefore, uncover the risks associated with applications deployed over these platforms:
- Mobility: With the widespread adoption of mobile apps, both by the consumers and the enterprises, the QA/Testing needs to ensure that all functions of the application perform correctly at all times across all mobile devices on all operating systems and platform.
- Big Data and Analytics: With Analytics progressing to the state where the business managers now take the decision-based on prescriptive analytics, the QA/Testing needs to ensure that both the data and the analytics based on the data are accurate.
- Digital Transformation: With all applications and data now being on the digital platform, Testing/QA needs to ensure that both data and application are secured against hacking and other forms of unwanted intrusion.
- Internet-of-Things: The need for accuracy of QA/Testing has increased substantially with increased adoption and more importantly, increased dependence of consumers and enterprises on Internet-of-Things.
- Automation: With almost all offshore vendors using software tools to automate QA/Testing, it is critical that these tools perform correctly to address each of the above areas that are so critical in today’ technology environment.
3. Capabilities that the offshore outsourcing vendors need to demonstrate going forward:
- Agile methodologies: While most offshore QA/Testing vendors today are using agile methodologies, these underlying processes now need to be improved to be scalable, and more importantly the offshore vendors need to explain these agile methodologies to the customers and help them to adopt these innovations.
- Use of Cognitive technologies: As the test automation progresses to its next phase, the offshore QA/Testing vendors need to integrate cognitive technologies, including Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Autonomics (Self-Managing Systems) techniques in their tools and processes.
In summary, to meet the expectations of the customers in today’ digital age, the offshore QA/Testing vendors need to demonstrate good execution capabilities coupled with innovation. D2E’ Offshore IT Services Aggregator carefully chooses offshore partners meeting these criteria.